NEWS CUSCO Cusco Puno Admin 03 oct, 2015
Machu Picchu: 10 things that you probably don't know
Without any doubt the Machu Picchu citadel is the most important place of Peru, and is that not less because in 2007 was nominated as a one of the 7 new world wonders, and also means that the destiny is the most important for the travelers and adventurers of whole world.
- Its name Machu Picchu means "Old Mountain"
- Its architecture majestic comprising more than 140 structures.
- The buildings more significants in Machu Picchu citadel are: The Intihuatana, Sun Temple and Three Windows Temple.
- It was discovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911, who was in charge to diffuse to the whole world about its existence.
- The symbolic city of inca empire and once upon the time was call as "Lost city of the incas"
- The construction of Machu Picchu citadel was realized by the Inca Pachacuteq in 1460.
- In the year of 1913 recently received world attention, this after the that National Geographic Society dedicated a complete serie in the april month of the city recently discovered..
- In 2007 was included inside of one the new seven wonders, but besides all Machu Picchu in Peru is considereted as World Heritage, Historic Sanctuary of Peru, all of that is you can tell that it is possible that this archaeological site is the most important of all Latin America.
- Hiram Bingham when he arrived to the citadel in 1911, it found with persons and a few ancient mummies.
- It is located at an altitude of 2400 meters above sea level.